For decades, New York has been home to some of the nation’s most crooked, conniving and corrupt politicians.
They’ve accepted favors, dodged taxes, and lined their pockets with taxpayers’ cash.
While plenty – a majority – of our state’s elected leaders are honest and play by the rules, the fact is – the rules need to change. The money-hungry culture of Albany needs to change. We need to put people first in our democracy.
From Buffalo to Brooklyn, and everywhere in between, we’re taking our creepshow on the road to show what happens when we don’t hold greedy politicians accountable for their actions.
Step right up and learn about this collection of crooks as they:
- Siphon money from community programs to buy Yankees tickets
- Spend over $20,000 of taxpayers’ dollars on sushi
- Dodge hundreds of thousands of dollars in taxes
- Buy luxury apartments with public money
New York must once again be the leading progressive state in the nation.
Join us as we demand publicly financed Fair Elections for New York and put people first!
The Caravan of Corruption is a project of the Fair Elections for New York coalition.
The campaign is focused on four key goals, enumerated by Governor Cuomo in his State of the State Address:
- Public Financing of Elections – establishing a voluntary system to empower small donors by matching their contributions with public money, similar to NYC’s successful system.
- Lower Contribution Limits – bringing New York State’s sky-high contribution limits down to reasonable levels.
- Ending Pay-to-Play – saving public dollars by preventing contributions and bundling by contractors and lobbyists from influencing decisions about state business.
- Stronger Enforcement and Transparency – ensuring that our laws are enforced in a fair, effective and timely manner, and that public matching funds are appropriately disbursed.